Getting ready!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Cause for celebration!

Today is July 3.  I became a mom for the 1st time 26 years ago today!!!   Danny is far away today, so I can't grill  him a steak, or put sparkler candles on a rocky road ice cream cake.   There is still much joy in the day! What a great son.  Pray for him at his job, that he is strong and safe!  Happy Birthday Danny!!!!!!   
 
 Today the house is getting cleaned,not by me! (what an amazing gift!) and Dan is working down his list of chores.   We  might take in a movie later.  Not sure what yet, we are so behind on seeing any movies. I would like to see "UP" still, but maybe "Public Enemies"?

My bone pain is gone pretty much!  That gives me til next Thursday pain free, woo hoo. 

Yesterday I baked Amish coffee cake- muffins.  I added granny smith apples, extra cinnamon sugar, cloves, and craisins.  I only ate one because sugary things don't taste so great right now, but it seemed pretty good.  It certainly smelled great! I have starter yeast bubbling in the pantry if  you want some....

I have tried to read some but keep falling asleep whenever I sit for very long, I will try again today.  I have been planning on reading "Wicked" the true story of the wicked witch in the Wizard of OZ, the play is based on the book, that is all I know so far. I am also still working my way through all my other books.  Still it is always good to have a running list of what you are reading and what you will read next.  By the way, who has Candy Bombers?  I can't remember at all, I  just remember recommending it....

Next week Dan possibly will be helping out with Kid's Club Lake Day out at Canyon Lake, taking the kids out on the lake in the boat.  Tons of Fun!  And we might get to help serve a workcrew dinner(80 very hungry teenagers), but we'll see.  It might be just Dan helping with that too.  I will be going in the work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I am usually ready for a nap by 3.  

My friend Marianne's daughter gets married on 7-8-09 in Seattle, and I will be imaging being there.  Can you picture it?  A very GREEN, COOL, FLOWERY, ROMANTIC celebration.  It will be outdoors at a park, and in MY imagination Mt. Rainier is looming in the background.  I feel happy already.  

Today's joke:  A man rushed into his doctor's office yelling, "Help I'm shrinking!  His  doctor replied, "You'll just have to be a little patient."                                              :-|    sorry.

Let me know how you are doing, and thanks for all the prayers.  Please go and be adventurous, have some fun, do crazy or brave or kind things and then write and tell me about it, even send pictures (I am NOT on facebook yet, so you can just send em to me if you want).  













1 comment:

  1. I just rerad this again. I love you so much it hurts. - Daddy, Sorry about the photo from way back then, I guess it's been a long time since I changed it.

    ReplyDelete