Getting ready!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"If we are fortunate, mystical echoes that connect our lives to persons and events of other times provide a kind of intermittent background music that adds an element of romance to our existence."  

This is the opening sentence to a book called Majestic Journey, about Coronado's Inland Empire.  I like it.  And it is  a more interesting way to start a blog than, How are you?
(I was looking at other opening lines to plagiarize, and my 2nd choice was, "A perfect day for bananafish" which is really a title, not an opening line.)

I am at home, not feeling great.  You know, tired and bone sore... I am reading, napping, soaking in the pool and napping some more. The pain meds help some, but not completely.  Last night I got too overtired and felt lousy.  I had my little cry (yes, little! I wasn't feeling sad, just sore) and took some advil to supplement, wrapped up in a blanket and did okay.  I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though!  Pretty soon, I will talk about all of this in the past tense!!! Yeea!!!  

Rachel loaned me a book called, "Surviving the Extremes"  written by a doctor who goes on extreme expeditions.  He provides medical care and also documents the amazing ways humans survive in unlikely circumstances and horrible conditions.   It gets the focus off of cancer! that's for sure.  So far I am reading about Jungle survival.  Lots of bugs, ewwww..  Not the same romance as Jungle Book.  (the book not the movie, silly.)

Tomorrow I see the chemo oncologist so she can tell me how great I am doing at chemo.  Actually, I am doing decent.  My labs keep coming back in a good range considering I am in chemo, this is what the nurse said.  I haven't had to have a nuelasta shot the last two times because my white cells are okay.  

I am interested to find out how long it takes for food to taste normal again, energy to come back, and the metal taste to go away and digestion to normalize. I am aware that hair will take a long time before it grows back.  

My neighbor is having her knee replaced today, so pray for her quick recovery.  

I wish we all lived close enough to visit with each other and have dinners, and go  hike the mountain together, and laugh and hug.  Love to you, friends and family,  Carmine  












No comments:

Post a Comment