Getting ready!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It was the best of times....

I am not Dickens, that's for sure, and I am sure you are glad I am not writing a book.  I was reading my daughter's blog and thinking how fun, what great pictures, the 4th at the Washington Mall, right between the Lincoln and Washington Memorials.  Wow!  So interesting and fun to read.  

Instead I can tell you that it is hot, and things have not changed much here.  I worked the last couple of days, and was able to take a peek at all the 500 + kids having fun at Kid's Club.  :-) 
I am amazed that we are nearing the end of chemotherapy.  Tomorrow is the 2nd to last one, and by the end of July I will be done!!  When I think about having cancer I have so many thoughts and emotions that surface.  I am not invincible and won't live forever.  I have constantly been surprised by the friends, neighbors, family, coworkers, (they all kind of blend) and even strangers who have taken the time to show me they care and offer encouragement.  

I definitely think that I am physically weaker, but stronger inside.  I also think I have a lot more to learn about life and being a good friend, wife, mother, listener.  I don't know what is ahead, just that I want to be adventurous, thankful, generous, and unafraid.  There are wonderful things happening all around me, and also some very hard and difficult struggles that I am aware of .   And so another day and reason to pray, and laugh and cry.

wow... so serious.  

Coming up?  Dog days of summer?  Sounds like a good time to take a road trip!  Fresh seafood on the coast, sand between my toes, (I don't have to worry about frizzy hair in the humidity!!) or maybe cool mountain rain showers and old mine roads through the continental divide on the back of Dan's motorcycle.  Maybe just breakfast by the creek in Sedona.....

Even if I just imagine it.  

:-)  Carmine

 



 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey, Carmine.
    I am humbled and encouraged at the same time!

    Lezlie Shortsleeve

    ReplyDelete